Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where does art come from?



Over the holidays there is a lot of time to think, at least in my world. I realize that so many people spend this time running from place to place with various family obligations and celebrations.
I choose to hybernate, watch the winter solstice pass and begin my dreams for Spring.
At the same time, via bordom or ambition, I find my creativity retuning.
I write a lot more of my never ending novel, and I need to paint. Yes NEED.

The paintings attached represent an abstract vision of my emotions during this sequestered period.

"Doesn't Fit" is a teaser. I will leave it up to the viewer to decide if it is beautiful or obscene.

The "Days End" has a twofold meaning. A simplistic sunset, or a truly horrific scene of impending doom. It makes me happy :)

Where do these ideas come from? What makes the choice in colours so important?

I dont know. But I do know that when I need to paint, it is an overwhelming emotion that must be addressed. A physical yearning, like an addict, or a smoker on a 10 hour flight.

Love them or hate them, I hope you have a strong reaction either way.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment